NuMixx Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NuMixx Community

A Place For DJ's, Artists, And Music Lovers From Everywhere.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who does mixtapes out thurr??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Diamond Dog
Admin
Diamond Dog

Male Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Who does mixtapes out thurr?? Empty
PostSubject: Who does mixtapes out thurr??   Who does mixtapes out thurr?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 7:10 am

I do mixtapes, but on a limited schedule....I only do them when time permits. My style is not like the popular mixtape DJ's, though. I like to mix ALL of my tracks together so it's like one long, nonstop mix that will (hopefully) keep the listeners dancin or bobbin their heads. I add in all different types of things to my mixtapes....such as remixes (my own), blendz, drops (without overdoing it) and tons of samples that fit the theme. Hell, I even sample some rock when puttin my cd's together!!

Who else here does mixtapes and what formula so you use to move units in your area??
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/djdiamonddog
dj_filthy_rich
Just Checkin Thangz Out
dj_filthy_rich

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Who does mixtapes out thurr??   Who does mixtapes out thurr?? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 12:11 am

i make mixtapes too, or should i say MIXEDtapes. cuz like diamond dog said, the popular dj's dont mix them. i like to make them non stop mixes too. i like to make remixes are made by different artists. i just combine 2, 3, or 4 different artists verses to the same beat and make a longer remix. i've done a few blends. and i only add drops so that if somebody decides to steal a track my drop will stay. and as far as pushing them, i get them in some stores but i pretty much get rid of them where ever theres people. and people do like judge mixtapes by the cover so i always try to have a hot cover.

here are some samples of my mixedtape i made for artists wanting their cd's slowed n chopped. all slowed, chopped, & mixed with a few drops. the 1st sample is 3 songs and the 2nd sample is 2 songs.

THESE ARE ALL TEXAS ARTISTS just in case you were wondering.

TEXAS HEAT sample 1 with ESG, SPARKDAWG, & CHAMP

TEXAS HEAT SAMPLE 2 with a lil bit of CHINGO BLING, FAT PAT (R.I.P.), YUNG REDD, & LIL KEKE
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/filthyrich512
Diamond Dog
Admin
Diamond Dog

PostSubject: Re: Who does mixtapes out thurr??   Who does mixtapes out thurr?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 2:03 pm

dj_filthy_rich wrote:
i make mixtapes too, or should i say MIXEDtapes. cuz like diamond dog said, the popular dj's dont mix them. i like to make them non stop mixes too. i like to make remixes are made by different artists. i just combine 2, 3, or 4 different artists verses to the same beat and make a longer remix. i've done a few blends. and i only add drops so that if somebody decides to steal a track my drop will stay.

I'm glad that there's other catz out thurr that still stay true to the original mixing game. Mixtapes these dayz aren't about being a DJ....they're about where you can get the newest tracks and tag your name all over it so someone else can hear it and WISH they had the version without 100 drops per song. If drops are placed in moderation and in the right spots, a mixtape can sound great...meaning you can still enjoy the music while giving kudos to the guy (or gal) who put it together. I just hate peeps like Whoo Kid, Clue, Envy and other catz who paste their names every 10-20 seconds on a track that they didn't even have anything to do with in the 1st place. Evil or Very Mad

I also try to respect the original artists by only using a sample from their newer songs (without tags, of course). To me, this allows my listeners to get a taste of a new track and wanna get at the artist's album to get the full version. This has worked well for me over the past few mixtapes I've pushed.
Back to top Go down
dj_filthy_rich
Just Checkin Thangz Out
dj_filthy_rich

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Who does mixtapes out thurr??   Who does mixtapes out thurr?? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 2:15 am

CLUE is the WORST!!! but i actually tha like WHOOOOOoooo KIIIIIIiiiiddd drop! i REALLY like it when artists make a custom drop for their song and the dj. makes it sound a lil bit more official.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/filthyrich512
elnino21
Just Checkin Thangz Out
elnino21

Male Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Who does mixtapes out thurr??   Who does mixtapes out thurr?? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 12:37 am

As you know I'm not a DJ, BUT I can attest to your skills Diamond Dog with any of your mixes (megamixes). I do only have one of your official Mixtapes ( Respect The Game ), your Forgotten Classics , Old School Classics , and the like are a true showing of what you got to offer Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Diamond Dog
Admin
Diamond Dog

PostSubject: Re: Who does mixtapes out thurr??   Who does mixtapes out thurr?? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 1:46 pm

elnino21 wrote:
As you know I'm not a DJ, BUT I can attest to your skills Diamond Dog with any of your mixes (megamixes). I do only have one of your official Mixtapes ( Respect The Game ), your Forgotten Classics , Old School Classics , and the like are a true showing of what you got to offer Very Happy .

Thanks bro!! You got my word...I'mma buy a bunch of blank cd's, record em...and send em to ya priority mail!! I've owed you for about 2 years now!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who does mixtapes out thurr??   Who does mixtapes out thurr?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who does mixtapes out thurr??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NuMixx Community :: The DJ Booth :: Mixtape DJ's-
Jump to: