NuMixx Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NuMixx Community

A Place For DJ's, Artists, And Music Lovers From Everywhere.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kanye VS. 50 Cent

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
diblasi9984
Just Checkin Thangz Out

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Kanye VS. 50 Cent Empty
PostSubject: Kanye VS. 50 Cent   Kanye VS. 50 Cent Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 7:18 pm

So who actually came out on top? I think 50 got him, his album wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but its better then Kanyes... Agree?
Back to top Go down
Diamond Dog
Admin
Diamond Dog

Male Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Kanye VS. 50 Cent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye VS. 50 Cent   Kanye VS. 50 Cent Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 8:59 pm

50 gets his record sales from creating controversy these days. He still has some tight tracks, but nothin like his first album.

I like Kanye West, but some of his more recent tracks just don't appeal to me. I like Kanye because he still has tracks that tell stories and have morals to them. But I don't think he's quite up to toppling 50.

Besides, 50 Cent has the support of possibly one of the best hip hop producers in the game.....Period....Dr Dre. Kanye is also a talented producer, but not even close to Dr Dre!!

If I had to pick the album I would want, it would have to be 50's. Tuff decision, though!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/djdiamonddog
dj_filthy_rich
Just Checkin Thangz Out
dj_filthy_rich

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Kanye VS. 50 Cent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye VS. 50 Cent   Kanye VS. 50 Cent Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 7:26 pm

aka the gorilla VS the teddy bear

50 has that gutta talk that i like, i dont think he's too good at stunnin...thats why i think his lyrics to I GET MONEY werent all that great. but like diamond dog said, kanyes lyrics have stories and he has good beats too. Kanye West is my favorite producer, the BIG BROTHER beat on GRADUATION sounds kleeeeen.

i heard (or read, i forget which) that 50 tried to get his label to buy 300,000 copies to put him over kanye.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/filthyrich512
Diamond Dog
Admin
Diamond Dog

Kanye VS. 50 Cent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye VS. 50 Cent   Kanye VS. 50 Cent Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 1:15 am

For anyone who might be following this thread...check this out.....

Quote :
Kanye West's "Graduation" (Def Jam) easily leads the star-studded class of Sept. 11 releases, posting The Billboard 200's largest sales total in more than two years. Nielsen SoundScan will show West's album moved 957,000 during its first six days when the tracking service refreshes its charts tomorrow morning (Sept. 19).

Also pumping album volume are 50 Cent's "Curtis" (G-Unit/Interscope), which will lock down the No. 2 slot with 691,000 sold. Kenny Chesney's "Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates" (BNA/Sony BMG Nashville) will bow at No. 3 with 387,000 copies.

The total for West's "Graduation" is the largest by any album since 50 Cent's "The Massacre" opened with 1.1 million copies in March 2005. West's own August 2005 album, "Late Registration," was the last album to surpass 800,000 copies when it began with 860,000.

It looks like Kanye's record sales are much higher than 50's in it's first week. He's moving mass units!! The ironic thing is.....the last album in recent history to surpass Kanye's current sales was 50 Cent with 'The Massacre'.
Back to top Go down
Diamond Dog
Admin
Diamond Dog

Kanye VS. 50 Cent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye VS. 50 Cent   Kanye VS. 50 Cent Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 7:12 am

Update on this thread:

I read a few days ago that 50 accused Def Jam of purchasing mass units of Kanye's album, thus causing Kanye to lead 50 in album sales.

Gimme a break!! I think 50 is just making accusations to try and boost his own album sales. What do y'all think??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kanye VS. 50 Cent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye VS. 50 Cent   Kanye VS. 50 Cent Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kanye VS. 50 Cent
Page 1 of 1